I've been wanting to do a framed art work lately, so when I had these two flowers that I had painted sitting on my desk I decided to use them for this frame I bought at the Dollar Store. It is a shadow box about 6 1/4" square. The stamps are Sparkle n Sprinkle, Swamp Rose and
All the Flowers.
Here is the recipe.
Pretty in Pink cardstock for base. Certainly Celery Designer Print, Black Detail EP171, Shimmer EP EP137, Sparkle n Sprinkle Shimmer Blending Solution, Galaxy Markers: Pink 99800-126, Green Metallic 99800-226, Red 99800-124, Sunspot Yellow 99800-365, 1/8” Double sided tape SAT02, Ticket corner punch, Corner rounder punch, Dew Drops, Dimensional Glue 99539, Paper Piercer and template (SU), Signo White Gel Pen (SU), Pink & green Ribbon (SU), Ribbon Pull (SU).
- Cut pink cardstock to 6 1/8” square. Cut green designer paper to 4 ½” square and adhere to pink. Using paper piercer, pierce around the edge of green and then use a white gel pen to connect the dots to give a faux stitch.
- Stamp two flowers on white cardstock with Versamark and emboss with black detail. To color flowers use Shimmer Blending Solution and brush on light layer and add some color by adding a little of the pink marker and blend the color. You can add highlights by later adding a little of red. You can add a touch of yellow for the center. Another way to paint is to put some of the marker down on an acrylic piece and mix some blending fluid with it, then paint with it. When you are done painting sprinkle with Shimmer Embossing Powder and heat. Cut out flowers and place on mat as shown. Using a dimensional on the top flower.
- Stamp verse on a pale yellow cardstock with versamark and emboss with black. Trim and using corner rounder. Layer on black and use corner rounder only in two opposite corners. Adhere using dimensionals. Place three dew drops above using dimensional glue.
- Place in frame.
- Using 1/8” double sided tape lay it on the frame where you want the ribbon, going all around to the back of the frame. Press Pink Ribbon down. Lay another strip of tape down and press the green ribbon with the pull already in position.
- Hang up and enjoy! Or give as a gift!