I love nautical stuff....my living room is decorated in a nautical theme. So when I saw this anchor from Ladybugs & Friends I thought of alot of possibilities. This is a new technique that I've been playing with and really enjoying. Here are the directions.
Collage Background Paper
- Cut a piece of glossy cardstock to 5 ½ x 4 ¼.
- Stamp 1 or 2 stamps randomly with Versamark (make sure to use your Static X first). You can leave space between them or overlap them. Use Clear Detail EP and emboss.
- Using a brayer and dye ink, brayer ink over the cardstock, going over it until it is evenly covered.
- Place your glossy cardstock with a piece of plain copy paper on top of it on the ironing board. Heat iron to med/high setting with NO STEAM, and iron the cardstock. This is going to pick up the embossing powder and you will see the image appear on the copy paper. This leaves a mat piece of patterned paper. You can use it this way, or:
- Stamp same images or coordinating image again on glossy cardstock with Versamark and emboss with a coordinating color.